Just a quick update
I'm preparing for my return to Southern California tomorrow, the suitcase packed with TechTarget and Virginia Tech paraphernalia and lots of Usenix computer security stuff from my prior stops. The camera's also loaded with images, some of which I'll share as soon as I return.
Highlights: Seeing old high school classmates Friday night at Colony Pool. Like old times, my hair looked like hell from the humidity. Looking at the digital camera preview window -- my clothing selection could have been better too. Blacksburg's blast from the past can't be topped. It's so lush and green that at times it's overwhelming. That's what's hit me most -- how grown up everything is in Virginia. And how well its aged. Even the forests along Interstate 81 look taller and broader than I ever remember. My sister's been a great hostess, taking me to the town festival, on numerous early morning runs and hiking at The Cascades. Then today she and her children provided me with a few hours to walk around the town and Tech campus alone before a big thunderstorm hit. How I miss those steel gray skies that hold so much potential.
Highlights: Seeing old high school classmates Friday night at Colony Pool. Like old times, my hair looked like hell from the humidity. Looking at the digital camera preview window -- my clothing selection could have been better too. Blacksburg's blast from the past can't be topped. It's so lush and green that at times it's overwhelming. That's what's hit me most -- how grown up everything is in Virginia. And how well its aged. Even the forests along Interstate 81 look taller and broader than I ever remember. My sister's been a great hostess, taking me to the town festival, on numerous early morning runs and hiking at The Cascades. Then today she and her children provided me with a few hours to walk around the town and Tech campus alone before a big thunderstorm hit. How I miss those steel gray skies that hold so much potential.