Joining a New 'Family'

First, you may begin to notice more emphasis on the running now that I'm officially No. 188, one of the newest members of the Running Blog Family. That should boost readership from 5 to 15 :-) Seriously, I've been engrossed in reading other running blogs for a few months now and decided to throw my blog out there for consideration. I'm both eager and anxious about broadening this site beyond my circle of friends and family. This blog, in fact, was inspired by a weekly diary series I did for my Rock 'n Roll Marathon training group's Web site this year. Don't fret (if you are so inclined) -- I'm still planning to write about all the other facets of life that feed my healthy addiction.

Which brings me to an update on my trip, now three days along. Monday morning I again went out for the 4-mile Route 30 scenic route, this time expanding the loop to take in an historic sawmill overlooking both the serene Charles River and mass transit rush of the Mass Pike. Running back, I was struck at how soothing I found the hum along highway separated from me by a thin stand of trees. (And notice I didn't call it a freeway...I'm acclimating.) I had this morning's plans interrupted by a late night partying and very early arrival of co-workers at my hotel room. But I probably needed the day off to let my aching achilles tendon heal a little more. I'm planning one more pass at this place before I pack up for Baltimore tomorrow afternoon.

ANOTHER TRAVEL TIP: Whenever staying more than a couple of days in hotels, I bring a small Ziploc bag of powder laundry detergent so I can wash my sweaty undies, singlet and shorts in the sink, then aid the drying process with a blow dryer. It certainly extends their immediate use and makes those spot security luggage checks at the airport less embarrassing.

Popular posts from this blog

Music to My Ears

I Leave You With This

Return to Bay 2 Breakers