Having a 'senior' moment
The Long Beach Marathon is now about eight weeks away, and during my morning run in the dark I tried to remember my enthusiasm when I signed up for the fall marathon. My legs still ache; my hip still hurts; my running shoes suck; and my mind's been AWOL for awhile now. That 2:10 finish last weekend also makes me mad, still. I need a change.
So beginning next week I'm trying a new training program, Hal Hidgon's Senior Marathon Program. It involves only three days of (quality) running, and given the pending changes at work, it remains do-able should fecal matter hit swift-moving blades in the next month at the office. It also will force me to cross-train. I'd abandoned that critical component completely since my bout of pneumonia last winter. Time to rededicate myself to the gym and a stretching class. Ouch.
So beginning next week I'm trying a new training program, Hal Hidgon's Senior Marathon Program. It involves only three days of (quality) running, and given the pending changes at work, it remains do-able should fecal matter hit swift-moving blades in the next month at the office. It also will force me to cross-train. I'd abandoned that critical component completely since my bout of pneumonia last winter. Time to rededicate myself to the gym and a stretching class. Ouch.