You Decent?
The first time I returned to the gym after a long absence, I saw a notice reminding everyone there was a dress code at the place. It boiled down to two things: No hats indoors and no revealing clothing. The first made perfect sense since it's long been proper etiquette, particular among the mostly military clientele, to remove your hat when indoors. The second part, though, has me curious.
Maybe I just work out at the wrong time, but I've never seen anyone, male or female, dressed in anything less than T-shirt, shorts and/or sweats. Never. This place is for the hardcore, or hardcore wannabes like me. No one talks while they work out, let alone makes eye contact and smiles. A few did before the war, but not now. It's one reason I love the place.
Initially, I thought the dress code reminders were for all the January newbies. Then I remembered they first appeared in December. This weekend, they multiplied and were plastered in every room. Who keeps showing up half-naked, I wondered. If this keeps up, I'm going to muster up the nerve to ask someone what is going on, even if it sets back my image as a badass-in-the-making.
Maybe I just work out at the wrong time, but I've never seen anyone, male or female, dressed in anything less than T-shirt, shorts and/or sweats. Never. This place is for the hardcore, or hardcore wannabes like me. No one talks while they work out, let alone makes eye contact and smiles. A few did before the war, but not now. It's one reason I love the place.
Initially, I thought the dress code reminders were for all the January newbies. Then I remembered they first appeared in December. This weekend, they multiplied and were plastered in every room. Who keeps showing up half-naked, I wondered. If this keeps up, I'm going to muster up the nerve to ask someone what is going on, even if it sets back my image as a badass-in-the-making.