My Resolution Run

I spent my first waking hours of 2009 joining Goody Two Shoes everywhere who mark the first day of the calendar year with a soulful run, a new attitude and ne'er an ounce of alcohol in the bloodstream.

I passed only two other renegade runners on my 7-mile trek to and from the waterfall at Los Penasquitos Canyon (the trails weren't officially open yet). Thus I carried with me that comforting yet creepy feeling of knowing I was truly alone out there.

Last time I did this trail run to mark a holiday, I tripped no less than three times and cracked my shoulder on the final fall. This time I managed to run much more smoothly, maybe because I stayed in the moment. I didn't listen to music or let my thoughts wander beyond the dirt, rocks and muddy sections ahead of me. It's amazing how well things turn out when you just pay attention.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?