Getting Up There
I just returned from a glorious Sunday run to Black Mountain Park and back, the kind of leisurely early morning run that makes you feel so gosh darn lucky to live in America's Finest City. People from central San Diego know Black Mountain -- it's pretty hard to miss from the freeways thanks to some unsightly antennae towers at the top. Luckily for me, there are a number of hilltop parks near it that I can run to on weekends. It's always worth the climb, even if sometimes it's just to experience the descent's sweeping views of the entire Carmel Valley all the way to the ocean.
I hit 25 miles for the week, which is close to the 30 mpw average I'm hoping for during the month of February. I wore short sleeves to work last week and couldn't help but notice my jiggly upper arms, so I'm trying to make more time for a few rowing sessions at the gym. My weight is also up -- alarmingly so. I'm weighing what to do about it. (And, yes, that was a pun.)
I hit 25 miles for the week, which is close to the 30 mpw average I'm hoping for during the month of February. I wore short sleeves to work last week and couldn't help but notice my jiggly upper arms, so I'm trying to make more time for a few rowing sessions at the gym. My weight is also up -- alarmingly so. I'm weighing what to do about it. (And, yes, that was a pun.)