Winded in the Windy City

It figures. Now that I’ve got the time to explore downtown Chicago, I haven’t the stamina. Traveling as a disabled passenger is harder than I expected. The cane allows me more leeway with luggage but very little support for my hurtin’ hip. For some reason, I feel wiped out.
There was a moment of excitement on the way to Lindbergh Field, when our shuttle was suddenly surrounded by 15 (yes, someone counted) police cruisers heading to the U.S. Coast Guard base on Harbor Drive. Being taken into custody at that moment was Mexican drug kingpin Javier Arellano-Felix. DEA agents and police everywhere. Media, too. It was all very Miami Vice.
Anyway, the flight itself was uneventful and may be one reason I was in a talkative mood when I made it into the cab at O’Hare. And after we listened to an NPR report on the arrest, I may or may not have cavalierly told the cabbie, “Yeah, I was there and saw it goin’ down.” And about 10 minutes later, when the cabbie finally spoke again – this time into his cell phone -- he may or may not have said in his native tongue: “Why do I always get the wack jobs.”
[Photo credit: Travelblog.org]