In this context, there's no disrepect

Remember last month how I mentioned that I got to listen to a popular 10k from my backyard? Well that same park one Sunday evening each month hosts a community concert. Residents line up their blankets and beach chairs hours in advance and then wine and dine and dance and play cards until the sun sets. It's a nice tradition.

Winding down from a very hectic weekend here, I was washing dishes in the kitchen and listening to a band sing the Black-Eyed Peas' "Let's Get it Started," which started out as the politically incorrect "Let's Get Retarded." I used to hum guiltily the latter version all the time during long runs. It made me wonder what those unaware of the original must think the opening lyrics mean. "In this context, there's no disrespect."

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?