Here you go, Susie...
So Susie tapped me and four others to partake in a fun, get-to-know-you blog activity. She -- and you who read this -- may live to regret it, but here it goes.
First, the rules:
Write 5 random facts about yourself, and then list the names of 5 people whom you in turn infect. Also, leave a post to these people letting them know they have been infected.
Now, my own answers:
1. I was born with a double uvula. That’s the appendage that hangs from the back of the throat.
2. I have never had a cup of coffee.
3. Nor have I ever lived in the same house for more than five years. I was born in upstate New York, grew up all over the East Coast (PA, OH, CT, RI, MA, MD, SC, VA…) and until now moved about the country courtesy of the Coast Guard. The two places I miss most are North Carolina and Alaska.
4. I put myself through college working summers at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. During my first year, I brought in more than $1 million in about four months selling general admission tickets for $9.95 (they're now closer to $50!) -- and without a cash register to help with calculations. If only I worked off commissions back then!
5. For my 10k PR, set years ago at a race that finished about four blocks from my house, I finished dead last and faked an injury to save face with my neighbors.
Now, to infect several others. How 'bout I reach out to Rich, whom I hope is a very happy Texas fan after the Rose Bowl; Alison, who just paid America's Finest City a visit; Susan F., who just ran her first marathon in Memphis; and fellow Californian runners Donald and Drew. Donald's a seasoned ultrarunner and Drew just joined the ranks of marathoners and did it by almost running a sub-four-hour finish in Las Vegas. I'm so jealous.
First, the rules:
Write 5 random facts about yourself, and then list the names of 5 people whom you in turn infect. Also, leave a post to these people letting them know they have been infected.
Now, my own answers:
1. I was born with a double uvula. That’s the appendage that hangs from the back of the throat.
2. I have never had a cup of coffee.
3. Nor have I ever lived in the same house for more than five years. I was born in upstate New York, grew up all over the East Coast (PA, OH, CT, RI, MA, MD, SC, VA…) and until now moved about the country courtesy of the Coast Guard. The two places I miss most are North Carolina and Alaska.
4. I put myself through college working summers at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. During my first year, I brought in more than $1 million in about four months selling general admission tickets for $9.95 (they're now closer to $50!) -- and without a cash register to help with calculations. If only I worked off commissions back then!
5. For my 10k PR, set years ago at a race that finished about four blocks from my house, I finished dead last and faked an injury to save face with my neighbors.
Now, to infect several others. How 'bout I reach out to Rich, whom I hope is a very happy Texas fan after the Rose Bowl; Alison, who just paid America's Finest City a visit; Susan F., who just ran her first marathon in Memphis; and fellow Californian runners Donald and Drew. Donald's a seasoned ultrarunner and Drew just joined the ranks of marathoners and did it by almost running a sub-four-hour finish in Las Vegas. I'm so jealous.