"Christmas Eve in San Diego"
It's better if you listen along to the free download from Browntide.com.
Christmas Eve in San Diego
© 2005 Brown Tide Records. All Rights Reserved.
Merry Christmas San Diego!
I figured San Diego needed a Christmas song
To call its own
So I wrote this one for y’all . . .
It was Christmas Eve
In El Cajon
And everywhere else
San Diegans are known
To spend their time
Celebrating Christmas
In my motel room
I was feelin’ alone
After a biker bar show
In San Anton’
So I grabbed my guitar
To make myself less homesick
I played a song for Del Mar
And folks in OB
And people in Alpine
And Mission Valley
And before you know it
I wasn’t feelin’ so down
Because I was singin’
To myself
And for San Diegans out there
Everywhere else
About the funny, sunny place
We call our hometown
CHORUS:
I’ve spent holidays
In New York and LA
And on the road from
N’awlins To Chicago
Ain’t no place I’d rather be
Enjoying Christmas Eve
Than back at home
In sunny San Diego
There was a knock at the door
And Tony Gwynn
Was standing there laughing
With a big ol’ grin
He said there’s no place like home
And I believed him
Right behind Tony
Was Jenny Craig
With some low-cal meals
And a Karl Strauss keg
She told me to fill her cup
Right up to the rim
Like the angel
That she always was
Joan Kroc came through the door
And gave a little pause
And we all recalled
It’s better to give
Than receive
Right behind Joan
Was her husband Ray
The original San Diego Padre
His boys never gave him a pennant
Before he had to leave
Now other San Diegans
Started pouring in
Ted Williams, Joan Embry
Phil Mickelson
Marcus Allen and Reggie Bush
With their Heismans
Then came Marion Ross
And Robert Duvall
David Wells, Dennis Hopper
I must’ve met ‘em all
Irwin Jacobs was on the phone
And Tony Hawk skated in
REPEAT CHORUS
I woke up
In my own bed
The next day
To my surprise
It was Christmas morning
In my hometown
Not a cloud in the sky
Not a cloud in the sky
REPEAT CHORUS
Christmas Eve in San Diego
© 2005 Brown Tide Records. All Rights Reserved.
Merry Christmas San Diego!
I figured San Diego needed a Christmas song
To call its own
So I wrote this one for y’all . . .
It was Christmas Eve
In El Cajon
And everywhere else
San Diegans are known
To spend their time
Celebrating Christmas
In my motel room
I was feelin’ alone
After a biker bar show
In San Anton’
So I grabbed my guitar
To make myself less homesick
I played a song for Del Mar
And folks in OB
And people in Alpine
And Mission Valley
And before you know it
I wasn’t feelin’ so down
Because I was singin’
To myself
And for San Diegans out there
Everywhere else
About the funny, sunny place
We call our hometown
CHORUS:
I’ve spent holidays
In New York and LA
And on the road from
N’awlins To Chicago
Ain’t no place I’d rather be
Enjoying Christmas Eve
Than back at home
In sunny San Diego
There was a knock at the door
And Tony Gwynn
Was standing there laughing
With a big ol’ grin
He said there’s no place like home
And I believed him
Right behind Tony
Was Jenny Craig
With some low-cal meals
And a Karl Strauss keg
She told me to fill her cup
Right up to the rim
Like the angel
That she always was
Joan Kroc came through the door
And gave a little pause
And we all recalled
It’s better to give
Than receive
Right behind Joan
Was her husband Ray
The original San Diego Padre
His boys never gave him a pennant
Before he had to leave
Now other San Diegans
Started pouring in
Ted Williams, Joan Embry
Phil Mickelson
Marcus Allen and Reggie Bush
With their Heismans
Then came Marion Ross
And Robert Duvall
David Wells, Dennis Hopper
I must’ve met ‘em all
Irwin Jacobs was on the phone
And Tony Hawk skated in
REPEAT CHORUS
I woke up
In my own bed
The next day
To my surprise
It was Christmas morning
In my hometown
Not a cloud in the sky
Not a cloud in the sky
REPEAT CHORUS