Talking Down This Sunday
It's a fine line between building myself up on this blog and being realistic about my current fitness levels. I keep crossing over that line, then tiptoeing back when it appears no one's watching.
I intentionally chose this week's photo because it's where I'll be running in my first race since December 2008. I don't think I'll be stopping to smell the flowers.
Yes, it's just a 10k. But it's also highly symbolic, even if my private time goal keeps shifting. Already I have a few butterflies, but mainly because I haven't been running well this week and I'm suffering serious premenstrual cramps. I've been combing my memory for how I felt when I set my PRs. In every instance, I just didn't think too hard about pace and lived in the moment that morning.
I'm not sure I can do that this time around.
I intentionally chose this week's photo because it's where I'll be running in my first race since December 2008. I don't think I'll be stopping to smell the flowers.
Yes, it's just a 10k. But it's also highly symbolic, even if my private time goal keeps shifting. Already I have a few butterflies, but mainly because I haven't been running well this week and I'm suffering serious premenstrual cramps. I've been combing my memory for how I felt when I set my PRs. In every instance, I just didn't think too hard about pace and lived in the moment that morning.
I'm not sure I can do that this time around.