I Am Not Worthy

One of my side jobs is helping professional speakers craft compelling presentation descriptions and biographies so some very busy people book them for appearances. As I sit here this morning wading through another huge pile, I am struck by how much the more seasoned executives give back with their time and talents. We're not just talking about joining the Rotary Club; these people invest in non-profits by leading their boards and contributing through considerable direct donations and/or in-kind services.

In the past decade, I've dispense a lot of advice, often unsolicited, to new runners so that they can fully enjoy their experiences with minimum pain and suffering of the injury variety. I do sometimes wonder if I really know what I'm talking about, though, given my current state of physical decline. And I wonder if people privately snicker as I limp along in my larger-sized shirts and shorts.

No matter. The San Diego Track Club last month appointed me to its board of directors. And they put me in charge of the content on a Web site. I took it as a vote of confidence in me, despite my nascent Web skillz and lack of club involvement all winter. And I am taking my commitment seriously so eventually I feel worthy of the role and do not let my supporters down.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?