Such Wonderful Gifts
Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday (it was! it was!) and who passed along a special word to someone that is not so near but still very dear to them. (More than a few times, I was that recipient.) The gang at work surprised me with lunch at my favorite Thai restaurant and, in true recession style, they recycled the company's holiday card into my birthday one. In lieu of a gift, I asked my husband to get a physical -- his first since retiring from the Coast Guard more than three years ago. He got a near-clean bill of health, which is what I'd hoped to hear. My daughters remembered to call their mother (actually, they've always been very, very good about that).
In other words, I had one of the best birthdays ever -- truly!
I also decided to see a doctor about my hip. So in about an hour I'm heading to the M.D. to determine the source of my pain and what to do about it. Last night I must have spent 15 minutes just comparing ailments with my mother on the phone. Now, if that doesn't make me feel old....
In other words, I had one of the best birthdays ever -- truly!
I also decided to see a doctor about my hip. So in about an hour I'm heading to the M.D. to determine the source of my pain and what to do about it. Last night I must have spent 15 minutes just comparing ailments with my mother on the phone. Now, if that doesn't make me feel old....