Stuck in Neutral

Prior to the hip injury, I was really on a roll: waking up early each morning and eager to get on the road to run or head to the gym. Even immediately after the muscle pull, I felt like I was still moving forward by doing more situps, Pilates and rowing. Then I got hit by a bad head cold on Monday and I haven’t felt like doing squat since. Partly it’s to keep the cold from migrating south into my lungs or into other people. But mostly it's because the illness has neutralized my enthusiasm for everything. I also need to cut way back on the cold medicine, which leaves me fuzzyheaded but amped. I did finally take Wednesday off from work, and since then I’ve gotten slightly better each day. Here’s hoping that ol’ drive is right around the corner.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?