Tongue Tied

During this morning's run I thought of what I should give up for Lent this year. I want it to be a bad habit I need to kick anyway, something that constitutes true sacrifice and requires great restraint and commitment. It needs to change me, and for the better. And it needs to be something where I can be held accountable by my peers. I already hate chocolate and don't need candy. I'm done with Diet Coke. Chips would certainly be hard, for sure. But last time I tried that I cheated and the time before that I justified the equally bad Frito's and Cheeto's as an acceptable substitute rather than practice abstinence. No, this time it needs to be something truly transformational and involve much temptation.

For 40 days, I shall not gossip.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?