And the Sun Shone Down Upon Them
I woke at 2 in the morning to the sound of rain. The same patter sounded at 3 and 4, when I finally got up, made myself a cup of tea, forced down a banana and turned on The Weather Channel. By 5 I was so bored I took a shower. Still raining.
I did not want to run 12 miles in this. I truly didn't. I was tired, crampy, bloated and freezing depite turning up the thermostat. I had an idea. Based on the previous night's viewing of the thoroughly excellent movie Saint Ralph , I put in a request with a certain higher power for a break in the rain. As backup, I summoned my patron saint, Bernadette of Lourdes, to help me out.
At 6:30 I walked outside to meet my carpool at Starbucks. Thick clouds, but no rain. By the time we arrived in Hospitality Point, it was sunny. And it stayed that way during the duration of our run through East Mission Bay -- despite every meteorologist I'd seen or read predicting otherwise.
Coincidence? You tell me.
I did not want to run 12 miles in this. I truly didn't. I was tired, crampy, bloated and freezing depite turning up the thermostat. I had an idea. Based on the previous night's viewing of the thoroughly excellent movie Saint Ralph , I put in a request with a certain higher power for a break in the rain. As backup, I summoned my patron saint, Bernadette of Lourdes, to help me out.
At 6:30 I walked outside to meet my carpool at Starbucks. Thick clouds, but no rain. By the time we arrived in Hospitality Point, it was sunny. And it stayed that way during the duration of our run through East Mission Bay -- despite every meteorologist I'd seen or read predicting otherwise.
Coincidence? You tell me.