We Feel Your Pain

I stumbled across this interesting study linking pain and dehydration that I thought worthy of sharing. Essentially, if you're a little low on water, all of your aches (presumably physical) can be amplified. Therefore, scientists suggest soaking up water to help ease the hurt.

This passage was particularly interesting:

Dr. Farrell says the team had speculated there might be circuits in the brain that allow one sensation to modulate another, which is important from the point of view of survival.

"Hunger, thirst, tiredness and pain, for example, don't conveniently happen at the same time, so it's important for the body to prioritise," he said.

Um, I think anyone that's run the last six miles of a marathon or triathlon might beg to differ, doctor. Cheers!

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?