For Those Wary of 'Unsubscribe'

I just stumbled upon a cool and easy-to-use tool on the Web to help determine if submitting your e-mail address to Unsubscribe from an e-newsletter actually generates more spam by selling the list of requests to third-parties. This, as most of you know, is a huge problem.

I just fiddled with it and was sad to discover one of the abusers is a fitness newsletter I value. On the bright side, in addition to not planning to unsubscribe to it, my own company is "clean." Whew.

Lashback's Unsubscribe Lookup works by entering the domain or IP address and then seeing if it's "good" (with no abuse incidents found) or worth avoiding (and listing just who they sold the lists to, I believe).

Now if I can just track down the fools sending me all these fake stock faxes, it'll be a grand day.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

Mahalo Mahalo, Maui