More Core Is In Store

I have to confess that since my husband started a new job and my own work weeks are again outta control, I haven't been to the gym. And, when I finish my morning runs, I haven't been as dedicated to doing stomach- and back-strengthening exercises. It's starting to show too, so I'm investigating ways to work more core exercises into my days and weeks with minimal interruption.

For those that like spinning their wheels, there's an article in today's Washington Post on Spinning 101. Such cycling's very good for your core when done properly, according to the article.

For those wanting to improve flexibility for a good stretch, I like the exercises suggested on this site.

I also like Pilates mat exercises but no longer have time to take a class, so I've been taping short (12- to 20-minute) Pilates and yoga shows on a special Exercise TV station available from one of the Free on Demand stations on digital cable. One of these days, I'm actually going to replay the tapes and do the workouts.

On a different note, my friend Cindy sent me a few pictures from Saturday's race. That's my friend Denise as we entered the 10k aid station. These core exercises will certainly help improve my running form; posing as a serious competitor is an entirely different matter. I think it's time for me to hang out with the Marines again.



Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?