My Spirit Wasn't the Only Thing Broken
I gave myself until today to feel better on my own. When I still couldn't lift my leg without using my arms and continued to wake throughout the night feeling even worse than the day before, I made the appointment.
The verdict: I apparently ran the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon with a stress fracture. (In addition to the mild groin pull and renal malfunction.)
That's according to an M.D. and a slew of x-rays outlining my femur and hip. The severity won't be determined until a bone scan at the hospital in upcoming weeks. I'm hoping it's a teensy frissure, of course.
Until then, I've pulled the crutches out of the closet. And been granted permission to resume my Motrin. Prescription strength.
The verdict: I apparently ran the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon with a stress fracture. (In addition to the mild groin pull and renal malfunction.)
That's according to an M.D. and a slew of x-rays outlining my femur and hip. The severity won't be determined until a bone scan at the hospital in upcoming weeks. I'm hoping it's a teensy frissure, of course.
Until then, I've pulled the crutches out of the closet. And been granted permission to resume my Motrin. Prescription strength.