My mantra for Sunday morning

The forecast gets worse every time I check. Now it's up to the 80s with an extreme UV index. Ah, well. Stronger sunscreen, it is.

Listen, all of those comments you've been leaving have made me downright giddy. I'm smiling far more and groaning a lot less. All that ice and rest is having a positive effect. Yes, I still feel pain in my hip and leg, but not as often. And I'm no longer limping and I'm no longer going to let this setback interfere with my marathon plans.

During our pre-expo lunch today at Buca di Beppo, Jeanette (who has a tres cool job as a professional ice skating judge) passed out a list of motivational quotations for us to draw upon come Sunday. What a great list, too. I could pick any of them to repeat over and over when things get bleak, which could be Mile 23 or 13 or 3. But this is the one I'm going with:

It is not more than you can handle.
It is merely more than you thought you could.


There is one thing I do need to get a handle on, and fast. Tomorrow's RBF Lunch in the Gaslamp has a guest list that just keeps growing. I think Sammy's is going to blacklist me if I up the reservation number one more time. Next time, I use an alias.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?