Is Your Music Slowing Your Pace?

Longtime readers know I have a love-hate relationship with running to music. I am against using it in races and when it puts you in possible danger (such as running alone early in the morning where you may not hear cars or scary people approaching). But I also understand the value it produces; quite frankly I have a hard time on the rowing machine without it.

A report from our local public radio station about a new app to match your pace with a songlist mentions how music influences effort. And how many of us may actually be slowed by the songs we choose. So why do we choose them? And is it better to have software choose them for us?

I did notice my current playlist is all over the place. So is my running right now.

Here's a 12-minute sample:

Train: "Drive By"
Florence + the Machine: "Shake It Out"
Passion Pit: "Take a Walk"
GroupLove: "Tongue-Tied"
April Smith: "Colors"

What about you? Do you use a computer-generated playlist, and does it help you stay consistent or get faster?

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?