When You Encounter an Exhibitionist...

You’re heading to take a shower in your gym’s highly humid locker room when you notice the only floor fan has been moved into one of the occupied stalls. No one’s running water.

About 15 minutes later you emerge to now find the fan is aimed at a heavyset woman dressed in a floral blouse and black skirt. She’s lying on a long bench and she has her legs up. Did I mention she was wearing a skirt?

You are one bench over and avert your eyes, then out of the corner notice her just staring into space. Occasionally she changes positions, but mainly she’s just staring and sharing her hoochie with the world, which at least is covered by underwear.

Do you:
a.) Continue to ignore her
b.) Blow hot air at her butt.
c.) Ask if she’s OK.

Well, I did all three.

First, I pretended there wasn’t a woman lying next to me in a strange position. Then I decided to test her by coyly aiming my blow dryer to elicit a response. Normally when it’s that humid, I don’t aggravate things by adding more heat to the room, but I felt I needed to send a message about fan hijacking. Still, she didn’t move much so I started wondering if maybe she was in pain.

It should be noted only one other person came into the locker room during this time, and she made herself scarce after taking in the situation.

Now worried about this woman, I went over to where I could see her face and asked if she was OK. She initially didn’t answer, then scowled and said, “Yes. I’m stretching. Isn’t that obvious?”

I didn’t say another word.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?