Runners Run on the 4th, Right?
Right after the Black Mountain race, I set as my next goal to beat my time at the Scripps Ranch 10k on the 4th of July, which is a great race for PRs because of its gracious downhill finish. I even made sure I had nothing else over the holiday to distract me and my destiny.
Alas, the only records to be broken this weekend will be the number of times I've complained here about being injured. (I just realized the phrase "sounding like a broken record" may be lost on anyone who has never listened to music on vinyl.)
I have either (a) bursitis (b) tendontis (c) osteoarthritis or(d) a stress fracture. It's also possible this is related to medication. The worst of the side effects come 5 to 8 weeks into the treatment and I'm right in the sweet spot.
In any event, it hurts to do a wide range of activities, and I've got to heal quickly. So, I'm finally catching up on emails, books, blogs, Bravo shows, paperwork, freelance work and even housework. I even took my grandmother, 97, to mass at the Mission so she could knock it off her bucket list. I hope your 4th of July weekend is a bit more exciting.
Alas, the only records to be broken this weekend will be the number of times I've complained here about being injured. (I just realized the phrase "sounding like a broken record" may be lost on anyone who has never listened to music on vinyl.)
I have either (a) bursitis (b) tendontis (c) osteoarthritis or
In any event, it hurts to do a wide range of activities, and I've got to heal quickly. So, I'm finally catching up on emails, books, blogs, Bravo shows, paperwork, freelance work and even housework. I even took my grandmother, 97, to mass at the Mission so she could knock it off her bucket list. I hope your 4th of July weekend is a bit more exciting.