Today Does Not Compute

This blog began almost six years ago as a way for me to chronicle my two major focuses at the time: running and information security. Once I changed jobs, I pretty much abandoned the security stuff. It’s too bad because if I’d stayed on top of things, I may have started my new year in better shape.

I fell for a phish scam targeting Hotmail users with a false email message supposedly from Microsoft regarding my email account. The funny thing is Internet Explorer tried to warn me but I overrode the safeguard. As a result, my Web-based account was wiped out and most of my past emails are now floating in the ether.

So what did I do on New Year’s Day?

I slept in.
I put away all holiday decorations.
I cleaned my house.
I caught up on laundry and ironing.
I visited family in Riverside County.
I talked to more family on the phone.
I enjoyed a distraction-free dinner with my husband.
I watched a lot of college football.

Like most people, I now live a great deal of my life online. If I’m not on a social network, I’m checking in elsewhere. It took a bunch of cybercriminals to make me realize I maybe devote too much of daily life to reading about it instead of actually experiencing it.

So this year things will be different. They have to be. Thanks to letting my guard down, I lost a lot of memory.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?