How Awesome Is This

I’m discovering one way to a great Sunday morning long run is a superb Saturday as a warm-up.

Yesterday included a highly invigorating hike through Torrey Pines State Reserve at a friend's invitation and a reunion with friends in my old neighborhood. I drove home and found out I’d won Lara’s giveaway and will soon be wearing a pair of ultra-cool yoga pants. The evening ended with our friends Todd and Christine joining us for pizza and the ACC Championship Game. Virginia Tech is headed to the Orange Bowl!

So this morning I headed out with my 8 ounces of Vitalyte and MP3 player and turned east to witness an explosion of color on the horizon. It just got better from there.

I was entering my favorite part of this course when I came up to two women running ahead of me and gave out a “beep, beep” to pass. As I did they both smiled and a few seconds later I heard one of them say, “You’re awesome!”

I turned around to see who they were shouting at and they gave me warm smiles and a thumb's up. Just then my favorite Bruce Cockburn song came on and, needless to say, I floated through the rest of the run and even thought of grabbing a ripe orange hanging over the back of someone’s privacy fence. Instead, I grabbed a chai latte and settled in to decorate the house for the holidays and celebrate the awesomeness of the day and the season and maybe even me.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?