One With the Om, Again
I love Saturday mornings again.I had all of my errands - including washing my car - done before 8:30 a.m., when I arrived at a former gym to warm up on the rowing machine before starting a beginner's yoga class. I know I'd mentioned taking yoga classes before, but this was the first time in more than (gulp!) three years that I actually did it.
I was thrilled when I found out the instructor was the same one I enjoyed when I took Yoga for Runners. This class, which had several true newbies, was perfectly paced. We focused first on breathing techniques ("breath of fire" being my favorite) and then launched into your standard beginner's poses, such as mountain, child's pose, downward dog, and triangle.
Best of all, I didn't need a single correction from the instructor. I did, however, need a block for assistance on occasion. But as one of the oldest in the class, and also one of the injured, I felt it wise to 'fess up early that I'm in over my head. Or, I will be when we get into the advanced yoga poses in a few sessions, right?