Note to Self: No Rogue Water Bottles
OK, I'm almost a week late on this, but I just saw that the first two women to finish the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee last weekend were disqualified. One grabbed a water bottle between aid stations. The other used an iPod. I guess the elites really are different than the rest of us.
Two Runners Disqualified From Top of Lakefront Marathon
I am impressed that the woman who finished first didn't try to say it's a stupid rule and instead admitted she did not read the fine print well enough. The other "winner" wasn't as gracious. The iPod rule's been around for awhile now (though it's been amended to make it a race director's perogative); I wasn't aware grabbing water in between aid stations was a big no-no too.
(And a hat tip to where I first saw this item: The Running is Funny blog)
Two Runners Disqualified From Top of Lakefront Marathon
I am impressed that the woman who finished first didn't try to say it's a stupid rule and instead admitted she did not read the fine print well enough. The other "winner" wasn't as gracious. The iPod rule's been around for awhile now (though it's been amended to make it a race director's perogative); I wasn't aware grabbing water in between aid stations was a big no-no too.
(And a hat tip to where I first saw this item: The Running is Funny blog)