Good Karma By the Bucketful

Friday I gave a pint of my blood to the American Red Cross to help save someone's life. The nurse had trouble with my one good vein and the procedure hurt, a lot. And then I was woozy all afternoon and evening, which is rare for me.

Saturday, since I was told not to do any strenuous exercise for two full days, I volunteered at our track club's 5k in Balboa Park. I worked with a couple of last-minute recruits from the UCSD cross country team, which was fun.

Sunday I got up extra, extra early with my husband to drive down to Father Joe's Villages and help serve breakfast with dignity to homeless families.

I can't think of a better way to spend a couple of forced rest days, can you?

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?