Soak It Up
Just as I was convinced that Friday's otherworldly-like ride, much like similarly euphoric runs, was due mostly to good nutrition and proper preparation, I came upon this beautiful post on the New York Times site.
The author describes how once miserable moments in our lives over time are remembered far more fondly. And that every once in awhile we achieve by deliberate effort what he calls "the condition of absorption."
The author describes how once miserable moments in our lives over time are remembered far more fondly. And that every once in awhile we achieve by deliberate effort what he calls "the condition of absorption."
"It is this state that all rock-climbers and pinball players and libertines are all seeking: an absorption in the immediate so intense and complete that the idiot chatter in your brain shuts up for once and you temporarily lose yourself, to your relief."Now, everyone, go and read Mr. Kreider's entire post, and hang on to every word in that last paragraph like I did.