Baking in Pacific Beach

I'm home, icing my ankle after our Saturday training group did a new run along the bayside of Pacific Beach this morning. PB is an urban-beach area whose residents tend to be young and hip, so I don't have many excuses to come down here on weekends. That made this morning a treat, that and heading down the freeway very early this morning and discovering a spectacular sunrise in my rearview mirror -- the kind with candy cotton clouds against a deep turquoise backdrop.

The course was mainly along the concrete boardwalk at Crown Point Shores and beyond, a site familiar to those who've run the roadside path on the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon here. I had Irene as company on the way out but turned early and ran back by myself, distracted by rowers loudly practicing in dragon boats and my constantly-fogging sunglasses.

It's been extremely hot here, like 90s along the beach and 100s inland. I stopped at one point to use the restroom, and with the poor air circulation, my face instantly was engulfed in heat fumes. I ran only five miles, and not very quickly, but was thoroughly soaked by the time I returned to my car.

Still, it's a great way to usher in what I hope is a quiet weekend. Of course, it won't be quiet here in a few hours as we gather to cheer on the Chula Vista Park View Little Leaguers who are battling San Antonio for the World Series championship in Williamsport, PA. Let's root root root for the home team....

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?