No Ifs, Ands or Butts
I’ll let you in an a little secret. Each summer I suffer from a raging case of heat rash on my tush. I also chafe something terrible under my breasts once my sports bra is thoroughly saturated. Ever run a marathon and had your butt cheeks rub together until raw? It’s not pleasant, especially if you mistakenly decide to take a post-race bubble bath.
So when I read a review of a product called Anti-Monkey Butt Powder on Kara’s blog, I was intrigued. (And thanks for the sample, Kara!) I got my own bottle and after a couple of weeks of testing, I’m ready to endorse it for a variety of issues common to recreational athletes like me (and you too, I bet).
It’s marketed as a sweat absorber and friction fighter. Check on both counts. The company recommends you apply the powder prior to activity, which makes sense. I applied it to my bra region, my feet, and my bum before a run or a ride. No chafing to report. And, after five days of steady application after post-workout showers, no more heat rash either.
The powder is comprised of talc and calamine. I worried the added fragrance might be too harsh for my sensitive skin, but that wasn't the case. I also worried about a stinging mess once I began to sweat, but that didn't happen – mainly because my skin stayed dry where the powder was applied.
With a name like Anti-Monkey Butt, and logo of a cheesy chimp with a giant red ass, it’s safe to say the company has a sense of humor. Don’t believe me? Then check out this video:
You can find the powder in Walmart and Rite-Aid, where a 6 ounce bottle is about $6. I even saw it in an Ace Hardware store the other day. When I went to the Web site I noticed there’s also a Lady Anti-Monkey Butt formula. For now, I’ll stick with the male-strength stuff.
So when I read a review of a product called Anti-Monkey Butt Powder on Kara’s blog, I was intrigued. (And thanks for the sample, Kara!) I got my own bottle and after a couple of weeks of testing, I’m ready to endorse it for a variety of issues common to recreational athletes like me (and you too, I bet).
It’s marketed as a sweat absorber and friction fighter. Check on both counts. The company recommends you apply the powder prior to activity, which makes sense. I applied it to my bra region, my feet, and my bum before a run or a ride. No chafing to report. And, after five days of steady application after post-workout showers, no more heat rash either.
The powder is comprised of talc and calamine. I worried the added fragrance might be too harsh for my sensitive skin, but that wasn't the case. I also worried about a stinging mess once I began to sweat, but that didn't happen – mainly because my skin stayed dry where the powder was applied.
With a name like Anti-Monkey Butt, and logo of a cheesy chimp with a giant red ass, it’s safe to say the company has a sense of humor. Don’t believe me? Then check out this video:
You can find the powder in Walmart and Rite-Aid, where a 6 ounce bottle is about $6. I even saw it in an Ace Hardware store the other day. When I went to the Web site I noticed there’s also a Lady Anti-Monkey Butt formula. For now, I’ll stick with the male-strength stuff.