The Kind of Calls I Like to Receive
The nurse called today to give me the results of my lab work (at least the blood work).
She read me the data and then said she rarely gives women my age cholesterol levels that good. She asked my secret and all I could think to say was, "Kumquats." I've been eating them by the fistful for weeks. And it sounded much better than beer and pizza, which had been my last meal prior to fasting for the test.
So, my pulse and blood pressure are that of a 17-year-old.
And my blood is itself in tip-top shape.
Now to get my outsides to match my insides.
She read me the data and then said she rarely gives women my age cholesterol levels that good. She asked my secret and all I could think to say was, "Kumquats." I've been eating them by the fistful for weeks. And it sounded much better than beer and pizza, which had been my last meal prior to fasting for the test.
So, my pulse and blood pressure are that of a 17-year-old.
And my blood is itself in tip-top shape.
Now to get my outsides to match my insides.