My Last Dry Run
This Father’s Day I woke early to test both me and Penelope before I officially start my bike commute to work tomorrow morning. I needed to get a sense of how long it takes to get to the office, shower, dress, etc. The short answer: longer than I thought.
That’s fine, though, because something pretty wonderful happened. On the way back, it’s almost all uphill in some variation and I made it the entire way without one stop or even a major pep talk on the hardest of the climbs.
I arrived back at the house an hour and half later soaked and saddle sore but otherwise pumped to do it again in the morning, weighed down by a 15-pound backpack and something besides last night’s generous pour of sauvignon blanc in my belly.
Someday this is going to seem so easy. Just not Monday.
That’s fine, though, because something pretty wonderful happened. On the way back, it’s almost all uphill in some variation and I made it the entire way without one stop or even a major pep talk on the hardest of the climbs.
I arrived back at the house an hour and half later soaked and saddle sore but otherwise pumped to do it again in the morning, weighed down by a 15-pound backpack and something besides last night’s generous pour of sauvignon blanc in my belly.
Someday this is going to seem so easy. Just not Monday.