Just Passing Through
While our out-of-town company's still asleep and the blueberry muffins are in the oven, I wanted to let you know that I did my first group run of the season yesterday. Just a little under 2.5 miles in about 25 minutes. I've lost a lot more aerobic capacity than even leg strength, but it felt great to be out there again. My doctor on Thursday said she now suspects I tore my achilles -- not a great big tear, but enough of one to hinder me for months. It is improving, so the long rest did help. I'm next heading to an ankle specialist, but first she wants to see if a month of riding in lieu of most of my runs shows improvement.
That'll make these Saturday morning outings with 75 of my closest friends even more exceptional.
Yesterday I spent six hours walking around the Zoo; today it's showing everyone around La Jolla. I love it when I have a great excuse to go out and play.
That'll make these Saturday morning outings with 75 of my closest friends even more exceptional.
Yesterday I spent six hours walking around the Zoo; today it's showing everyone around La Jolla. I love it when I have a great excuse to go out and play.