It All Changes From Here
This is my last Saturday morning at home for the next six months, give or take a week. Next Saturday is the first run of the 4th Annual Half Mad or Whatever Marathon Training Program.
Given it’s already the midyear, and the first half of the year hasn’t gone as planned runningwise, I’m going to treat it as a fresh start. Not another false start.
What I’m doing differently:
1. Buying a hybrid bike this weekend (yes, finally!) to commute and to hit the canyon trails some evenings.
2. Signing up for a hatha yoga class that meets Tuesday evenings. This precludes me from joining the track club for speedwork, but in my current state I can’t do sprints or hill repeats for awhile anyway.
3. Signing up for a Sunday morning yoga/Pilates combo class. I decided on this instead of a spin class because I’m finally recognizing I need a kinder, gentler regime to avoid being sidelined so much.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to buy a bike after breakfast and then get the house ready for out-of-town company.
Given it’s already the midyear, and the first half of the year hasn’t gone as planned runningwise, I’m going to treat it as a fresh start. Not another false start.
What I’m doing differently:
1. Buying a hybrid bike this weekend (yes, finally!) to commute and to hit the canyon trails some evenings.
2. Signing up for a hatha yoga class that meets Tuesday evenings. This precludes me from joining the track club for speedwork, but in my current state I can’t do sprints or hill repeats for awhile anyway.
3. Signing up for a Sunday morning yoga/Pilates combo class. I decided on this instead of a spin class because I’m finally recognizing I need a kinder, gentler regime to avoid being sidelined so much.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to buy a bike after breakfast and then get the house ready for out-of-town company.