Almost a Twit, But Not Quite
This week at work we all signed up for Twitter, the microblogging site that I'd resisted because of its high addiction rate. Truthfully, I didn't think I'd enjoy it but then I realized that great works -- and lives -- don't gloss over the details, they glom onto them. Of course, I immediately ransacked my personal e-mail account for connections. Yes, Mark, that's how I found my running "husband" in nanoseconds despite your low profile.
It also made me realize that a lot happens here at Run DMZ between posts, and that some friends and family might want to know what I'm doing that's so important I can't return their calls and e-mails. So, I earlier I added a sidebar feature called "In Between Posts..." that is updated as needed. I thought of just importing my "tweets" but why desecrate this site with my tripe -- though I suppose it never stopped me before. Last night I helped stock Christmas stockings for young Marines fighting in the Middle East. Soon, I will write about this wonderful group of Scripps Ranch women whose generosity is now legendary. We bought so many gifts -- CDs, DVDs, socks, soaps, candy, gum, books, games, toiletries, etc., etc. -- that we had more stuff than stockings (and we were supplied with a lot of stockings) and just kept filling those flat rate postal boxes until they too ran out.
Tonight is a very special evening, too. As are many more days in the near future. Stay tuned.
It also made me realize that a lot happens here at Run DMZ between posts, and that some friends and family might want to know what I'm doing that's so important I can't return their calls and e-mails. So, I earlier I added a sidebar feature called "In Between Posts..." that is updated as needed. I thought of just importing my "tweets" but why desecrate this site with my tripe -- though I suppose it never stopped me before. Last night I helped stock Christmas stockings for young Marines fighting in the Middle East. Soon, I will write about this wonderful group of Scripps Ranch women whose generosity is now legendary. We bought so many gifts -- CDs, DVDs, socks, soaps, candy, gum, books, games, toiletries, etc., etc. -- that we had more stuff than stockings (and we were supplied with a lot of stockings) and just kept filling those flat rate postal boxes until they too ran out.
Tonight is a very special evening, too. As are many more days in the near future. Stay tuned.