Running Bloggers Unite

One of the best parts of being a running blogger is meeting others that you instantly know share some of the same interests. Today I got to show Rae and Brent around some of my favorite parts of San Diego while they are here on a "babymoon."

My camera battery was drained before I even turned it on, so we'll have to wait to see what the two of them post after their trip. When you follow someone's blog for long enough, you start to feel like you really know them. This couple from Nashville was just as nice in person as they are in the virtual world. As usual, I talked too much and, by my count, began at least four stories without finishing them. I think that's down from previous blogger meetups.

We went to Torrey Pines, and I intended to just walk along the beach but Rae, despite being seven months, was game to hike to the top of the cliffs. For lunch, we lucked out on street parking in downtown Del Mar and ate at Americana Cafe, where the omelettes and chocolate waffles were terrific but Brent's burger was undercooked.

On my way into downtown to pick them up at their hotel, there were numerous highway signs warning of a big event in Balboa Park. I arrived just in time to see the beginning of a 3-Day Walk for breast cancer research that extended more than a mile down the scenic stretch of the 163 freeway and up and over a Hillcrest bridge. It was really inspirational.

Popular posts from this blog

How 'Bout Them Hokies?!

I Leave You With This

A Local’s Guide to San Diego’s Sunset Cliffs