Politics and Pocketbooks
I started the first day of a new eight-week 10k plan with a wonderful run under clear skies, lush moon and 49-degree temps. The mid- to upper-40s is my ideal running weather. Always has been. I’ll take 50s if I’m properly dressed, and 30s are good for trails since snakes and big kitty cats stay put.
I’m going to make a concerted effort to really watch what I eat and stay within 200 calories of my recommended daily allowance to lose 10 pounds by Dec. 6. This whole following a plan is a bit of a sea change for me and harkens back to when I took running a little more seriously.
I had a restful weekend and didn’t leave the house yesterday after I did my long run. So I was surprised to see so many political signs on everyone’s front yards early this morning. Judging by all the Republican candidates and “Yes on 8” signs, I live in a very conservative neighborhood. Prop 8 would overturn a court ruling that now allows gay couples to marry. It’s certainly the most polarizing issue on the ballot.
One good thing about the increased signage: all the foreclosure signs don't stand out as much. So, while my neighbors may be conservative with their politics, many apparently were much more liberal with their pocketbooks.
I’m going to make a concerted effort to really watch what I eat and stay within 200 calories of my recommended daily allowance to lose 10 pounds by Dec. 6. This whole following a plan is a bit of a sea change for me and harkens back to when I took running a little more seriously.
I had a restful weekend and didn’t leave the house yesterday after I did my long run. So I was surprised to see so many political signs on everyone’s front yards early this morning. Judging by all the Republican candidates and “Yes on 8” signs, I live in a very conservative neighborhood. Prop 8 would overturn a court ruling that now allows gay couples to marry. It’s certainly the most polarizing issue on the ballot.
One good thing about the increased signage: all the foreclosure signs don't stand out as much. So, while my neighbors may be conservative with their politics, many apparently were much more liberal with their pocketbooks.