Letter from Home



Dear Elise,

Sorry I didn't always come home when I said I would. I tried, though. I really did.

I guess I also need to apologize for leaving you with "no food in this house." How was I to know those were all empty boxes on top of the fridge and empty bags in the bins? Besides, I figured a college senior might understand. (That phone call to me at work just to let me know you were forced to eat a tortilla for breakfast? A little much, don't you think?)

You've really matured in the three years since you left for college; I saw it when we went shopping in La Jolla. You didn't want me to buy you some "career clothes" and kept saying you were worried about the cost. Or was it just my taste?

We never made it to the beach, did we? We didn't even make you Dad's fried rice! How'd that happen?

Well, I might have come up a little short during your way-too-brief visit, but just remember this: I did give you a sister and you didn't even have to ask for one.

Love, Mom

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?