Case of Mistyped Identity
Runningwise, not good. I was forced to bail last night after my stomach erupted in nausea about an hour before I was due to leave for Balboa Park. Could have had something to do with earlier grazing of carmel squares, potato chips and dip, Ramen noodles, Brach's cinnamon candies and overripe nectarines -- all washed down with diet Fresca. So much for my stern self-lecture. I now understand why my kids don't listen to me.
Doing my cursory scans at work, I stumbled upon this case in Kansas where someone at Cox Communications typed in the wrong address and an apparently law-abiding couple was hauled into the police station for downloading child porn. Two things stand out. One's their lawyer's comment that this ruined the couple's week. Yeah, I guess everything was golden after 7 days. And, in light of the gravity of the task, shouldn't someone at Cox be double-checking their work?
Doing my cursory scans at work, I stumbled upon this case in Kansas where someone at Cox Communications typed in the wrong address and an apparently law-abiding couple was hauled into the police station for downloading child porn. Two things stand out. One's their lawyer's comment that this ruined the couple's week. Yeah, I guess everything was golden after 7 days. And, in light of the gravity of the task, shouldn't someone at Cox be double-checking their work?