Prelude to a Breakdown


This photo was taken by my friend Cindy E. years ago. It was waiting for me three-quarters of the way through the El Cajon 20k, my favorite local race. I remember how good it made me feel to be surprised and to be recognized. I also remember how I just flew up that huge hill.

Things have not improved since Saturday's "incident." Monday morning I worked out at the gym, per my usual routine. After a rowing session, I hit the mat to do some "PT exercises" to prevent another back injury and then headed to the locker room, where my lower back began to spasm the same way it had almost a year ago. Ironic, I know.

I made it only until 1 p.m. at work. I had to make a flier for an event today and I just learned nobody took one. I have to give a 5 a.m. Webinar to students in another country and I just learned my audio isn't working.

I also just learned my medical appointment to get a diagnoses, some x-rays and, I prayed, some new medications was canceled. My doctor has the flu and now I must heal myself.

Some days I really miss the person I was when that photo was taken.

Make that most days.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?