Benefits of Oolong Tea

I'm a huge tea drinker. I have, like, at least 5 cups a day. And although tea is very subjective, I've become pretty good at distinguishing good teas from not-so-good ones.

Lately, I've been consuming oolong tea as much for the taste as for the potential health benefits.
Those benefits include:

  • Reduced cholesterol in the bloodstream
  • Weight loss
  • Improved digestion
  • Stronger bones
  • Reduced tooth decay

I'm not sure how many, if any, have been scientifically proven to do any or all of that, but I do notice that when I have a couple of cups, I'm less hungry and more awake. This is no surprise since oolong combines some of the best benefits of black tea and green tea. I personally think it tastes more like green tea, which is mild. Some people claim oolong tea helps improve their skin. And reduce their stress.

Where you buy your tea counts. If you don't know already, the stuff you buy in most supermarkets is the lowest grade, the dregs of earlier harvests. It's not bad, especially since they are nice enough to gather it in paper pouches for easy use. But loose teas carry more medicinal punch.

You can read more about oolong tea in particular at the following:

Health Benefits of Oolong Tea
Is Oolong Tea a Better Antioxidant than Green Tea?
The Oolong Tea









Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?