A Different Perspective
This morning I weighed a running route that is mostly uphill when it dawned on me: run it backwards and it's mostly downhill. You not only finish strong, but you finish faster. So that's what I did.
What? You didn't know I'm running again, four months after a serious back injury? You mean to tell me you haven't been keeping up with my daily running log?! Well, while I try to get over the lack of interest in my life, let me mention that I no longer feel like the same runner and I think that's a good thing. I began running on a lark, and I was kind of a closet runner in my 20s and a competitive one in my 30s. I paid for it in my 40s and now that I'm starting a new decade, I am returning to running being more of a me thing.
There's a video from Mizuno's Mezamashii Run Project that I think perfectly encapsulates this way of thinking, this lifestyle. It's not about counting your calories but counting your blessings. It's not about collecting medals but collecting memories. And it's not about crowding your days with required training miles. It's about creating a sacred space that's yours alone to find yourself after all those other hours serving someone else.
What? You didn't know I'm running again, four months after a serious back injury? You mean to tell me you haven't been keeping up with my daily running log?! Well, while I try to get over the lack of interest in my life, let me mention that I no longer feel like the same runner and I think that's a good thing. I began running on a lark, and I was kind of a closet runner in my 20s and a competitive one in my 30s. I paid for it in my 40s and now that I'm starting a new decade, I am returning to running being more of a me thing.
There's a video from Mizuno's Mezamashii Run Project that I think perfectly encapsulates this way of thinking, this lifestyle. It's not about counting your calories but counting your blessings. It's not about collecting medals but collecting memories. And it's not about crowding your days with required training miles. It's about creating a sacred space that's yours alone to find yourself after all those other hours serving someone else.