Another Kind of Tri

My hairdresser has a new bike that is drawing a lot of attention. Maybe because it's a tricycle.

She got the idea to buy an adult three-wheeler after seeing one on television or at Walmart, I think. And she loves it. It stores easily in her car, no need for a bike rack. She takes it to Mission Bay and Miramar Lake, both more level venues than her hilly neighborhood in Scripps Ranch.

She says she bought it mainly for a new form of exercise. She started to worry about crashing hard on a two-wheeler. When you hit your 50s, you don't recover as well from those kinds of spills.

Looking at some Web sites, safety seems to be a prime motivator for purchases. I've seen the low-rider trikes that resemble a recumbent bike, but until now I was unaware of the adult-size tricycles. They aren't that expensive either, starting in the low $300s. I had my (dual-locked) bike stolen in February, and I'm hesitant to replace it since I'd have to store it in the same place. But I like the novelty of grown-up gear that brings you back to early childhood.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?