More Questions and Answers

Kate from up the freeway in Brea tagged me for the same meme I did earlier this week. No need to replay the first part, but I did want to honor her tag and respond to her questions and to thank her for thinking of me.

1. Where were you born? Upstate New York

2. What is your favorite way to relax? Sipping chai tea and watching CNN on Sunday mornings after an early morning long run

3. What is something you did as a child that you got in trouble for? Drinking orange juice after 10 a.m. I came from a large, single-income family with a limited food budget, and that was among the worst violations. My sister and I still feel funny if we drink juice later in the day.

4. What was the BEST race you ever ran and why was it the best? The Falmouth Road Race immediately comes to mind. I've run that hilly, winding course in sweltering heat and bitter cold, in the summer and in the fall. The field makes it feel like you're running Boston; the ocean views remind you it's anything but.

5. Which do you prefer - ocean or mountains? Being the daughter of a marine survey/naval architect and wife of a retired Coast Guard chief, I have almost always lived by the ocean; it lost its appeal by the time I hit my 30s. That said, I lived in or near the Blue Ridge Mountains for several years and found it incredibly claustrophobic.

6. What is the furthest you have ever traveled from home? I lived for five years on an Alaskan island. Oh wait, that was home.

7. What is your favorite restaurant? Edamame in Del Mar

8. Would you rather be able to teleport or be able to turn invisible? Invisible, though it seems in movies those people always end up dying by being accidentally run over or stabbed, doesn’t it?

9. What is your favorite body part? My brain. And if it has to be visible, my fingers – my ring finger remains a very petite size 4. It's the only body part to remain a size 4.

10. What is your favorite song to workout to? Right now, it’s “Ambling Alp” by Yeasayer

11. Would you rather run trails or the road? Trails, hands down. I just wish it was safer to run on them before the sun is up.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?