Race Review: 2008 Mainly Masters 10k

I've just time for a short one on this morning's race around Fiesta Island, a commercial-free and exceptionally flat oasis between Sea World and Mission Bay Park. The weather was perfect, the crowds impressive and course support spot on. They even had a lone bagpiper belting out holiday tunes near miles 2 and 4. Those Gaelic chords carried for a good quarter mile in each direction and still make me smile as I write this.

Unfortunately, I believe I posted my slowest time ever for this annual race that marks the start of the San Diego Track Club Grand Prix series. I wasn't wearing a stopwatch, but I do know when I hit Mile 5 in exactly 47:00, according to the official timer, I was not going to come in under 57 minutes, let alone return to my usual sub-55 days.

I did manage to pass the guy I'd paced off for much of the way. And I felt terrific as I rushed home to shower and head to a family gathering an hour north in Murrietta. It looks like the Hokies are pulling off an ACC Championship despite an unimpressive season. Perhaps, soon, this Hokie will do something similar.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?