Some Weeks Just Blow

I was excited to return to work this week because I was convinced all that campus walking and errand running and soccer-practice shuttling while on vacation would push me toward the top of our corporate competition. I averaged 7,000 steps per day while working a sedentary job, so surely I’d get a bump from being constantly on the go for a week.

Unfortunately, only one day did I record a whopping 10,500 steps. The others ranged from 117 steps to 420. How can that happen, you might ask? Apparently my computerized pedometer malfunctioned during the trip. I talked to the company sponsoring the competition, and essentially I’m just SOOL. If that one typical vacation day is any indication, I would have soared to the top of the leader board, instead of being booted off it for good because it appears to the computer I’d done little for the week besides get out of bed to brush my teeth.

The week deteriorating from there, but I’ll spare you the pity party. I don’t want to prove the computer correct right now.

Popular posts from this blog

How 'Bout Them Hokies?!

I Leave You With This

A Local’s Guide to San Diego’s Sunset Cliffs