Pay Attention, Now

Both of our daughters were home for spring break. Within a day the place resembled a sorority house, with hair products, clothes, makeup and junk food everywhere. They brought over various friends, who didn't seem to mind the unclean state of the house as much as I did. They went to a different beach everyday. I took them and a visiting friend to Coronado on Easter; it was heavenly, with the seas glistening and the air the perfect temperature as you can see from the previous post. On the way home I gave everyone a tour of the “island” and luckily found a parking spot on the main strip just a block from the very popular Moo Time Creamery. Alex grew faint and almost passed out while we were there. I stayed in line (hey, we were finally up next after waiting for 30 minutes) to order her Tangy Moo smoothie, while a woman behind me got her water. “Way to go, Mom,” my other daughter, Elise, said to me. My CT scan showed no tumors. But it did reveal something else that I'm hopeful isn't too too serious. Last night Alex and some friends went to the live finale of an MTV dance show. She saw lots of celebrities! We saw her on TV! Elise and her friends drove home. I’m up because they just made it back to Sonoma County. Remember those falls on the trails? My shoulder took the last one full force, and by Sunday night I was convinced I’d cracked another bone. Monday at work was the worse; I was in a lot of pain from my head to my toes. I could barely lift my arm with the injured shoulder. But by Tuesday, I felt better. Not good enough to go to the gym, though -- all week. It was the oddest thing: I really slammed my body on the ground but I never bruised. Now how can that be? I couldn’t really afford to not be 100% at work this week, either. Lots going on. In addition to the kids being home, my sister’s flying in. A brain MRI is the next step for me, along with a visit to the neurologist. Saturday my friend Suzanne and I are going to see the Boston Red Sox play the L.A. Dodgers at the L.A. Coliseum, where attendance is expected to shatter records. The game’s being moved from Dodger Stadium to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Dodgers moving to L.A. from Brooklyn. I wonder if my husband will enjoy all of us girls being gone.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?