I Get a Shiver in My Bones Just Thinking...


Southern Californians have a few speech quirks that set them apart. One is putting "the" before freeways. As in, "I live just a mile off the 15." Or, "You'll have to get on the 5 if you want to go to Sea World."

Another is weather. This time of year someone's always saying, "I love weather, don't you?" They mean dark clouds, wind and, if we're really lucky, a little thunder and driving rain -- anything besides the usual sun and warmth. Local meteorologists say a storm is migrating this way, and from the looks of the clouds at sunset (see picture from my second-floor window) we're in for a treat.

It seems apropos, given right now I myself am under the weather.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?